Types of Pizza:
The most commonly asked questions is how many types of pizza are there in the world? The real answer will remain a mystery as there are thousands of pizza types and many more combinations to experiment with. Pizza stores world over offer a wide variety of pizza types. Vegetarian pizzas, farm house, peppy paneer, margherita pizzas, paneer makhani, deluxe veggies, cheese & tomato, etc. are some of the popular pizza types that are favorites among the foodies. The cheese burst pizza is also a very popular pizza type.
Apart from these, there are also several non-veg pizza types on the menu. The pepper barbecue chicken, chicken dominator, chicken tikka, chicken golden delight etc. are some of the most popular non veg pizza types. Many pizza stores include some toppings that are popular in the local cuisine, and these local pizza types include the peppy paneer pizza, kheema do pyaaza, etc.
Pizzas can be classified into different types of pizza based on how they are made –
- Brick oven pizza – The wood fired brick oven type of pizza is the traditional method of making pizzas and gives a special flavor to it.
- Chicago style – This is a deep dish type of pizza, which was invented in Chicago. Lots of cheese is the signature style of this pizza.
- French break pizza – This pizza type contains French bread cut in half and topped with pizza toppings
- Italian pizza – An oven baked, flat, round pizza type with tomato and cheese. The original pizza.
- New York style pizza – This type of pizza is known for its thin wide slices. New York style pizzas are larger, light on sauce and take much longer to cook.
Pizzas can also be classified into different pizza types based on the crust –
- Thin-crust pizza – A type of pizza which has a thin, crispy crust.
- Thick crust pizza – A pizza with a thick crust. The dough is left to rise in the baking process to result in this bread-like crust type of pizza.
- Pan pizza – A pizza type with a thicker crust than any other, with a wide variety of toppings
- Cheese crust pizza – What we call at Domino’s pizza as the cheese burst pizza, it is the yummiest type of pizza crust which has cheese stuffed inside it.